Aerospace Qualified Prepreg Materials
300°C TG CYANATE ESTER PREPREG
- Achieves a Tg > 200ºC (392ºF) after a cure temperature of 135-180ºC (275-356ºF)
- Achieves a Tg > 300ºC (573ºF) after a post-cure of 180-300ºC (356-573ºF)
- Ideal for components exposed to high temperatures for short durations
- Good mechanical properties within large temperature range
- Low moisture absorption with high temperature wet performance
- Self-extinguishing and low smoke emission
- Easy handling and drape-ability (good take life)
- Long shelf and shop life
PN 901 is an ideal prepreg resin for high temperature composite applications, as it combines the ease of processing and handling convenience of epoxy resins, high temperature stability of polyimides, and flame and fire resistance of phenolics.
A 120°C (248ºF) cure for 75 minutes combined with a post-cure, enables PN 901 to generate a Tg of up to 300°C (572ºF), making PN 901 ideal for applications in composite structures, which are exposed to very high temperatures for short durations. The flame and smoke characteristics of PN 901 composites show that this resin possesses superior flame retardant properties and holds a wide range of Aerospace grade FST (Fire/Smoke/Toxicity) standards.